You can make a difference. Become a part of the solution to the world water crisis.
How to Fundraise
Over 40,000 people die every week due to lack of clean water. With just $35 you give one person the basic human right to clean water for life.
Our goal is to raise $87,000 in 2013 providing 2,485 individuals with clean water FOR LIFE!
Calgary Run for Water is pleased to provide the fundraising program, Friends Asking Friends. This program will allow you to do all of your fundraising online. You can set up a personal fundraising page, and email friends and family to invite them to make online donations to HOPE International Development Agency’s water project in Ethiopia supported by Calgary Run for Water.
If online fundraising is not for you, you can download our Pledge Form and track your donations manually.
Please note all fundraising must be completed by September 8, 2013.
SOME FUNDRAISING TIPS
- Set a goal and track progress with a chart (thermometers are a popular option).
- Make a list of potential donors (family, friends, neighbors, local businesses, etc.)
- Use the online fundraising program or pledge forms to record names of donors and the amount they give.
- Provide suggested amounts to potential donors to make their donations seem more tangible (e.g. $35 can give a child clean water for life).
- Publicize your campaign: make posters, place ads or articles in the newspaper or in church bulletins.
- Set a deadline for the collection of funds.
- Send a letter or email to tell people why you are raising money, and ask them to be involved (see below).
- Use creative ways to raise money: host a garage sale, bake and sell cookies, offer yard/cleaning services to your neighbors for a donation fee, collect pop cans, etc.